Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)is India’s central agency, which conducts various exams such as, Civil Services Exam, IFS, NDA, CDS, SCRA etc. Civil services examination is popularly known as IAS exam and includes almost 24 services like IFS, IPS, IRS, IRPS and so on. Civil Services exam is one the most reputed and tough to crack exams in India. This year around 5 lakhs aspirants took the exam. According to the latest UPSC exam details, there are around 980 vacancies for UPSC Civil Services. It clearly shows that only few hard working students can get success in this UPSC examination and this all can be done not only by hard work but by a planned hard work. We will provide you with all the UPSC exam details required for your preparation.
Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. In this article we’re giving all important information regarding UPSC exam, like the required Qualification, number of attempts, age limit, number of vacancies and UPSC exam pattern, Since, this is the first step to clear your exam, ensure that you take note of every important information from this article below. Many Aspirants who are willing to crack UPSC exams, don’t know what is UPSC Exam. So, we have here provided the details of What is UPSC Exam, like the UPSC age limit, UPSC eligibility, number of attempts in UPSC Prelims and Mains, and all the stages of the UPSC exam.
CIVIL SERVICE Exam Details : Eligibility
- For the IAS, IFS & IPS, a ca
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lan
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For the IRS and other services, a candidate must be one of the following:
- A citizen of Indiaka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
UPSC Exam Details : Educational Qualification
- Here you can get details like Qualification for IAS, IFS & IPS from below. All candidates must have as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
- A degree from a Central, State or Deemed university
- A degree received through correspondence or distance education
- A degree from an open university
- A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to one of the above
UPSC Exam Details : Age Limit
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination. For OBC the upper age limit is 35, and for SC and ST the limit is 37 years.
- Numbers of attempts for UPSC Exam
- General category candidates: 6
- OBC category candidates = 9
- SC/ST Candidates = unlimited attempts till 37 years of age
STAGES IN CIVIL SERVICES EXAM | UPSC Exam Stages
- UPSC Civil services exam is conducted in three phases and notification for exam comes in April and Prelims falls in August. The prelims result comes in September. The Mains exam falls in December and result is out mostly in Feb/ March