NDA 2018 Exam will be organized two times in a year through offline mode (written test). NDA (II) will be held on September 9, 2018.. The exam will consist of 2 sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test. Total duration of NDA 2018 will be 5 hours combinedly for both sections.
Those who clear the written exam will proceed to the NDA SSB Interview Process. UPSC sets the cut off score to prepare the merit list of candidates who are called for the five day selection process.
|NDA Preparation Books||NDA Syllabus in Hindi||Type of Questions Asked in NDA||NDA Exam Eligibility|
- All the questions in the exam will be objective i.e., Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- The medium of the exam will be bilingual with total 900 marks.
- Out of 270 questions, 120 questions are from Mathematics and 150 questions from General Ability section.
- There is provision of negative marking as per the marks allotted to questions asked.
- The syllabus covered under NDA 2018 is of CBSE 10+2 standards.
NDA 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Mode and Medium||Offline (Pen Paper Based) in English and Hindi|
|Number of sections||2|
|Question Paper Type||Objective or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||270 Questions (120 from Mathematics and 150 from General Ability Test)|
|NDA 2018 Total Marks for Entrance Test||900 Marks (300 Marks for Mathematics and 600 Marks for General Ability Test)|
|Exam duration||2.30 hours (Each Section)|
NDA Exam Pattern for Mathematics and General Ability Test
NDA 2018 will be conducted in offline mode and all the questions will be MCQ type. The exam is held in both English and Hindi language. Candidates will be asked to attempt two sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test.
Other details related to exam pattern from both the sections have been tabulated below:
|Subject||Paper||Total No of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||1||120||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||150||2 ½ Hours||600|
After qualifying the NDA 2018 entrance test, all candidates have to appear for NDA Interview. Details are as below:
|Second Round||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|SSB Interview||4-5 days||900|
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of the examination along with NDA 2018 Exam Pattern. It will help them to have better preparations for both Entrance Test as well as Interview.
NDA 2018 Marking Scheme
NDA consists of two sections- Mathematics and General ability test.
- In Mathematics section, there will be total 120 questions of 300 marks.
- All questions will carry 2.5 marks each, which will only be allotted for choosing the correct answer. 0.83 Marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- General ability test will comprise 600 marks; 200 marks are allotted to English and 400 marks in total are allotted to General Knowledge.
- In this section, there will be total 150 questions, 50 from English and 100 from General Knowledge.
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer in this section.
- A deduction of 1.33 Marks will be there for each wrong answer. There will be no mark for unanswered questions.
NDA Exam Pattern 2018 contain details about type of questions, exam mode, duration, etc. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the main conducting authority organizes a national level entrance exam known as NDA Exam. This exam is conducted for providing an opportunity to the candidates to join any of the wings which include Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. Along with written test, the selection will be followed by intelligence and physical tests. Here, we have provided details about NDA 2018 Exam Pattern that provides you the complete format in which the exam will be asked.
NDA Exam Pattern 2018
Here we have mentioned the detailed exam pattern of NDA exam:
NDA (2) 2018 Admit Card is releasing soon. It may be released in the month of August 2018. Candidates can get the admit card through online mode. Candidates can download it by entering their “Registration ID” & “Roll number”.
- Schedule: NDA 2018 Exam will be organized two times in a year through offline mode (written test). NDA (II) will be held on 9th September 2018.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Answer Mode: Candidates must use black ball point pen to mark their answers.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Type of Question: The question paper will be objective type questions.
- Paper: The NDA exam consists of 2 papers i.e. Mathematics and General Ability.
- Total Marks: The Mathematics paper contains 300 marks while General Ability test holds 600 marks. The written test will be of total 900 marks.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect response, 0.33 marks will be deducted as negative marking in the examination.
- SSB Interview: After clearing the written test, candidates have to go through the SSB Interview. The interview process will have total 900 marks.
- Language: The question paper of Mathematics and PART B of General Ability test will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
- The written examination of NDA 2018 is structured as follows:
|General Ability Test (Section-1: English)||200|
|General Ability Test (Section-1: General Knowledge)||400|