SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
Since the SSC CGL is consists of 4 levels of examination, therefore, the syllabus of the same should be dealt with independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
Tier 1 is an objective exam which will be held online. It will have 4 sections in Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2018, with 100 questions. Each question will carry 2 marks which makes a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise bifurcation of marks is given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
|2||General Awareness||25||50||(For VH &Candidates
- SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam will have negative marking. One wrong answer to a question will deduct 0.5 marks from the total of all sections.
- For visually handicapped the exam duration is 100 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
Tier 2 exam is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are four sections in this Tier with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- There will be negative marking in SSC CGL 2018 Tier 2 exam.
- One wrong answer to a question will deduct 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Level for Paper 1 Questions will be of 10th standard l, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 on graduation level.
- The computer will be made available by the Commission at the Centre/venue allocated for the exam
- Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board for the purpose.
- The duration of the exam is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam with the purpose of testing the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is held offline. The candidates are required to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. In order to prepare for this section one needs to read lots of articles from various newspapers and magazines. Besides this, you need to be well-versed with the latest pattern of Letter and Application.
- The duration of this exam is of 60 minutes’ and carries 100 marks.
- 10+2 level questions are asked in this exam.
- It is a qualifying exam.
- The duration of the exam duration 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffering from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
Tier 4 Exam of SSC CGL Exam 2018 will have couple of skill tests which are necessary for certain government posts.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):It is a qualifying skill test for all the posts, other than Compiler. It is held to test the typing speed of the candidate. In this test the candidates are given printed material in English which they should type accurately on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions. The duration of this test is 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): SSC will hold CPT, in three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides. It will be applicable for applicants of Assistants of CSS. CPT is a qualifying test.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Preparation
SSC CGL exam preparation must be done in an organized way. It should be according to the latest exam pattern and syllabus. Syllabus covers lot of topics; it is very important to opt the appropriate study material so that you can learn the concepts and practice various questions. Besides self study one can join any Coaching institute and Online Test Series for enhanced exam preparation.
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL 2018 has four important features these are
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: The age limit for different posts is different in SSC CGL Exam 2018, which are given below:
|Required Age Limit||SSC CGL Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer
Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years||Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
- Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2018 and is listed below
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
- Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Online Application
The online registration for SSC CGL 2018 exam has started w.e.f 16th May 2018 and the last date to apply online is 16th June 2018 by visiting the official website of http://www.ssconline.nic.in/
SSC CGL Application Fee
- The application fee for SSC CGL 2018 is Rs. 100/-
- Exemption: There is no fee is for female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Fee Challan form will be generated online
- In case candidate wants to pay in cash then one can take the print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Then, deposit the required fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- The candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completing the registration of part-1. Candidate must give registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
How to download admit card of SSC CGL Tier 1 2018 Examination
Admit cards for SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier I Examination 2018 will be released by Staff Selection Commission on its official website at ssc.nic.in. As per 2017 official notification in the year 2018 SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be conducted in the month of August 2018.
SSC CGL Exam will be conducted to recruit non-technical Group B and Group C non-gazetted posts lying vacant at various departments and ministries of government of India. This exam is held every year for the graduates who aspire for officer level posts.
The applicants for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 can download their subsequent admit card from the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Go to the official website of SSC i.e ssc.nic.in
Step 2: Then click on the ‘Admit Card’ link on the top of the screen
Step 3: You will be directed to a pop window showing 9 Regional Centers and their websites
Step 4: Click on the relevant region and visit the subsequent website.
Step 5: After that you click on the link Download Admit Card at the left side and then press Click
Download e-Admit Card of COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL EXAMINATION, 2018 (TIER-I)
Step 6. You have to enter your Registration ID/Roll No. followed by the Captcha and then submit the same
Step 7: Now you can download and Take the Print Out of your Admit card.
This year SSC has offered 4733 vacancies through SSC CGL 2018 TIER 1 Exam. It will computer based online test with multiple choice questions. It will have four sections such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension each section will have 25 Questions of 50 marks each.
There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks for every wrong answer. The duration for SSC CGL Tier 1 is 60 minutes. There will be no exam sitting on August 7, 13, 14 and 15 all over India. The SSC CGL Tier-II Exam will be held on November 10th and 11th followed by Tier III which will be conducted in the month of January, tentatively on 21st 2018.
Every year Staff Selection Commission holds Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam to recruit non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non- gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. It also conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment at a subordinate level such as:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and the Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- The compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL Results 2018
The result of SSC CGL Exam 2018 will be released in four stages after completing each Tier Exam.Those candidates who are selected in the rounds progress to the subsequent rounds. The results can be from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CGL Cut Off:
According to the analysis of the previous year results of SSC CGL exams cut –off list is prepared for your guidance.